Transfer your domains
How to transfer your domain name mainly depends on what type of domain it is. This page will list the main types and their transfer procedure.
Firstly, we recommend you give yourself as much time as possible to transfer a domain name. You cannot transfer a domain name after it has passed its expiry date and some transfers can take up to 7 working days or even longer.
- .ie domains usually take about 1-2 days and require a letter from the company and admin contact worded correctly to transfer (see below)
- .com domain transfers can take up to 7 working days in some cases and the procedure for their transfer is listed below
Transferring a .ie Domain
The transfer of a .ie domain can be completed in four simple steps:
- Fax (or scan and email) a letter on headed paper authorising the transfer of your .ie domain and this must be signed by the admin contact of the domain. Our fax number is - 025 40444
Your letter should take the following format:
I, (Admin Contact), wish to transfer my domain name (stateyourdomainhere.ie) to ANS560-IEDR.
If the admin contact is no longer with the company, the template should be altered to include this statement:
The listed admin contact (ADMIN CONTACT) is no longer working at this company. I am now responsible for this matter and my role in the organisation is (state role here).
Transferring a .com/net/org Domain
iSeek.ie recommend transferring your domain at least 2-4 weeks prior to the renewal date.
Firstly you need to check who is the listed admin contact on the domain. You do that by doing a whois on your own domain (click here to do a search now). You must have access to the domain’s admin contact email address to complete the transfer.
Here are the main steps in the domain transfer procedure:
- Contact your current provider. If you do not have access to the email address associated with the domain you wish to transfer, request that they update the admin contact email address to a valid one. Also ask that they unlock the domain and forward you the “authorisation key” or “EPP code”.
- Once the above is done contact us and request we place a transfer order.
- Once the transfer order is placed you will get an email from the new registrar asking you to confirm the transfer (you will need the “authorisation key” or “EPP code” to do this)
- Once this is confirmed you may get another email in a few days from the old registrar again asking you to confirm the transfer
- After you confirm this the transfer will be completed in a few days time.
We appreciate the transfer procedures are complex, if you have any queries or concerns please contact us.