The '.ie' domain type is Ireland's very own domain brand. These domains are a managed domain type meaning you have to prove your entitlement in order to register one. The IEDR is the governing body for .ie's and they set the rules on who and how one is allowed to register a .ie domain.
If you are interested in registering a .ie domain name please contact iSeek.ie and we can advise on you what will be required to register the domains name.
The main categories for registering a .ie are:
- Personal Name
- Corporate Name
- Registered Trade Mark Name
- Registered Business Name
- State Agency Name
- Publication Name
- School Name
- Politician's Name
- Unincorporated Association Name
- Personal Trading Name
- Discretionary Name
Benefits of .ie DomainsThe .ie domain name is Ireland’s national web address. Choosing .ie instantly shows that you have a connection with Ireland and also an authenticated claim to the specific domain name you choose.
Find an Accredited RegistrarThey have the skills to help you register your .ie domain. What will a .ie mean for me?
- Guaranteed Irish connection – to have a .ie domain name you must prove a real and substantive connection to Ireland.
- Confidence comes with traceability and a .ie can help to ensure that your customers know exactly who they are dealing with.
- Safety – .ie is one of the safest domains in the world, with lower instances of cybercrime and cybersquatting than other domains.
- Protect your brand -in 2013 .com had thousands of domain name dispute claims filed, .ie had seven.
- Beat the odds – there is a good chance that the domain name you want is still available with a .ie address, chances are a .com has already been registered with the name you want.
- Ensure your customers find you – if a person uses a search engine extension that is based in Ireland (e.g. google.ie) there is a greater chance that your website will be listed on the first page of the results.