Web Designer at iSeek
Who We Are
iSeek is a Cork-based digital agency who offer web hosting & domain registration as well as
website design & development. We specialise in crafting creative, engaging and responsive online
experiences for a wide variety of brands and businesses throughout Ireland and beyond. We currently
have a team of 6 highly skilled and talented people for you to work with and learn from.
We want to hear from creative and organised web designers with experience in all stages of the
design process from initial client meetings & brief creation through to research and planning,
wireframing, concept and responsive design all the way through to development ready PSD and
Who You Are
You are a creative, highly talented, self-motivated, adaptable Web Designer with 2+ years full time
web design experience and a killer portfolio to prove it.
You are an exceptional conceptual thinker with a desire to create innovative but highly user
focused designs. You have a good knowledge of usability standards and best practices.
You have an intimate knowledge of responsive web design principles and enjoy keeping up to date
with the latest developments in web technology and design trends.
You have superb communication and problem-solving skills and can present and explain design
decisions to both colleagues and clients.
You are organised and efficient and can manage projects all the way through from project research
and review to scheduling, setting tasks and goals and costs and time management.
What You Have
- 2+ years experience designing for the web, ideally in an agency setting.
- A brilliant portfolio showcasing creative design solutions.
- A keen eye for typography, colour, layout and visual hierarchy.
- Photoshop wizardry skills with good experience in the rest of the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Excellent wireframing and information architecture skills.
- Experience in Graphic Design – logo & branding design in particular.
- A good understanding of CMSs with heaps of experience working with WordPress.
- A good knowledge of HTML & CSS (extra kudos for HTML5 / CSS3 / LESS / Sass know-how.)
- Good planning, problem solving and organisational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with SEO principles with some Social Media marketing experience.
Extra Points For:
- Additional CMS experience (Drupal, Joomla, Expression Engine, Modx, Magento, Opencart).
- eCommerce web design with a knowledge of WooCommerce capabilities.
- Email marketing campaign design.
- App Design experience.
- Video Production and/or editing skills.
- Photography and/or photo retouching & editing skills.
- Illustration / animation / custom icon design skills.
- Extensive SEO / Social Media Expertise
What to Expect
- The chance to lead design direction on a wide variety of projects across numerous styles, user requirements, industries and platforms.
- The chance to become part of a small but growing team that are both highly skilled & passionate.
- Unlimited coffee supply :)
How to Apply
If this sounds like you and you'd like to join our team then please get in touch with your CV and a
link to your portfolio as well as your salary expectations and notice period (if any).